It’s no longer news that the Nigerian police academy entrance form for the 2023/2024 session is on sales for about a month now. The academy Welcome’s all Nigerian citizens both male and female who have met the requirements to apply.
In this article we will bring you detailed look on the less Competitive Courses you should probably consider for an assured admission and a guide on how to register and buy the form on the school portal including other things to note.
Polac screening exercise
The Nigerian police academy is a force institution located in wudil kano state. The academy as a normal routine, conducts screening exercise for candidates who applied for the academy, it is only open for candidates who have scored 180 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) otherwise known as JAMB and have chosen the Academy as their first choice. The main purpose of the screening exercise is to assess the candidates’ bravery, academic abilities, medical stability and suitability for a successful admission into the police academy.
The screening exercise is normally held at the academy at kano state, and it’s a very competitive process, and only the best-performing candidates in the medical, fitness and examination exercises will be admitted into the academy. The list of successful candidates that passed the screening exercise are usually schedule for release a few weeks after the exercise is completed.
Here are the possible requirements for the POLAC Wudil:
Candidates must have scored 180 and above in the just concluded jamb, this major requirements for all courses.
Candidates must have chosen The Nigerian police academy as their first choice.
Candidates must have completed their secondary education (WASSCE/NECO/GCE) and obtained at least 5 credits in the core subjects including math’s and English language.
How to Apply Polac
These are the basic procedures to register for the police academy, Wudil
Some of the mistake made can’t be reversed so to avoid making any, we passionately advice you seek guidance or ask someone at a nearby cafe familiar with the portal to register you.
Procedures in applying for polac
- Visit the police academy’s portal https://polac.edu.ng/.
- Scroll down and find the apply here section.
- Fill out the available form with your NIN, Jamb Registration number, and phone number as username and click generate RRR.
- After you have successfully generated your RRR, you can now be able to login.
- You can now proceed on buy forms, and before making payments be sure it’s your registered course you see there before making payment.
- After making payment you will be able to fill out the rest of the form e.g. your O’level result.
- You might come across application error or NIN (age) problem if you do, make sure you contact the school at email@example.com.
Important information about polac screening exercise.
Important things to note and keep in consideration. Most of this information are based on real life experience from past candidates.
- You don’t need to travel to kano for registration, but you need to be present at kano for the screening exercise. It’s just a day or two stay.
- Only Jamb candidates will sit for the aptitude test, which will commence 2023 and end 2023, the same year.
- They do not admit or sale forms to DE candidates.
- All registered candidates are to check their date of their examination on the school portal. Make sure to know when and where you are writing the test its important. If you don’t know or are having trouble finding your center or the academy, please don’t hesitate to seek help.
- All police academy candidates nationwide are to travel down to the academy premises at wudil kano for the aptitude test and other screening processes; it’s not an online examination but a computer-based test, which means you have to be at your center to write.
- Don’t forget your exam date, its important. No one will reconsider or reschedule the screening because of you; In short, know your screening date and start the preparation immediately.
- For the aptitude test the subject’s combination are the ones you sat for during the jamb test.
- Take note, even if your course was changed in the cause of screening or you changed it later on before the test, what you applied first is what you will be writing.
- The total attitude test score is not the same as the jamb. You have to get a score of 60 and above to determine your admission, among a few other things.
- Its likely, the general admission list will be out in 1-3 weeks.
- The attitude test is going to be a computer-based Test (CBT): 100 questions: 40 questions for English, and 20 questions for three other subjects, which will bring the total mark to 100.
- Note that as you sit for the attitude test, you will see your aggregate score immediately you hit the submit button, so be careful and read the instructions before you start.
- Since everything will be done at once now, it’s important to gather your credentials and make whatever changes you need now.
- Make sure you have uploaded your O’level results on JAMB portal its important, if it was done in a cafe, we advise you check the portal yourself to clear you self of doubt. You won’t be considered with a missing O’level.
- The academy might provide accommodations for its candidates, not for sure though but come early especially for those from the south, east to west.
- Your advice to come prepared academically and financially, if the academy might house its candidates, it wouldn’t feed them. In short, come with extra cash to cater for yourself.
- On the day of your screening, move along with your credentials which carries; original JAMB registration printout, NIN, first school leaving certificate, birth certificate, SSCE certificate, affidavit (if any), a letter of good character from your local government or village head, guarantor’s form, the registration printout and acknowledgment slip. This will be your access to your screening hall. Keep it in mind!
- Any candidates who under any condition fails to purchase the form and register, whether early or late, won’t be in any case considered for admission to the academy. That shows that registration is important.
- Here is the link to register for the screening exercise: https://admission.polac.edu.ng/, the countdown is still on, don’t be late.
- Don’t let anyone over charge you, please. The registration fee according to the bulletin is N3,500, which 2000 is for post utme registration. Though, you registered through a computer operator at a cafe, you will definitely be charge about N500 or N1000, and that’s fine.
- Lastly, The Nigerian police academy has no departmental cut-off mark, but a general cut-off mark is 180 is considered. That is, you must have scored at least 180 to be able to register for the screening exercise.
We believe this the basics that will help you navigate your way around the registration for the Nigerian police academy. Hopefully this helped you in a way or the other, if it did share someone out there might need it. If you have any question or doubts, drop it In the Comment section below or contact us.